It was such a great day today. I had a lazy morning and then got ready and went to the bus station to catch a bus to the beach. I went to Perissa Beach on the other side of the island. It was warm and breezy which kept the temperature perfect. The sand was black and hot as lava, but the water was cool and nice. I gathered a few rocks for our apartment. I laid on a beach chair under a palm umbrella for several hours, reading my book and resting. I ordered calamari from the beach boy and they brought it to my seat. I had calamari on a beach chair under a palm umbrella while I watched the ocean waves on a beautiful black sand beach on the Aegean Sea. That is perfect.
At about 5:00pm I left the beach and walked over to a little church there and went inside to see. It was beautiful. I sat down inside for awhile and enjoyed the Greek ambiance. Then I got some delicious gelato and ate that at a sidewalk cafe while I waited for the bus. When the bus came it was so crowed I had to stand up squished together with everyone for the whole ride back to Fira. It wasn't too bad.
Once I got home I changed and then tried to call on my lost luggage. No go. I left a voice message and then tried to track it on the internet and that was a no go also. I had the manager here try to help me too, but no go on that either. I am afraid It is going to be a big mess getting it back.
Tonight I went into the city center and did some shopping. It is perfect weather and very safe. I got a couple of things. I got lost about 5 times. It was a great evening. I am now sitting out on my balcony, listening to Greek music and writing emails. The only thing that was a drag was that my leg was still a little sore most of the day, but tonight it feels the best it has felt. I hope tomorrow it will be great. I am hiking a volcano. What?
No comments:
Post a Comment