Today I am alone for the Holy Day. Jon is in Zakho on business and there is no connection to the branch in Baghdad. It is Fast Friday so I have decided to write my testimony here.
I would like to bear testimony that I know that I have a Heavenly Father and that my Savior lives. I feel their love and care for me everyday. I have been blessed from a very early age to know and recognize when I hear truth and I have always felt deep in my heart the truthfulness of my Heavenly Father's plan.
I am so grateful to my Father that I have the opportunity to live on this earth and to have my good body. I am so blessed to live in a time of this earth existence when the fullness of the Gospel is on the earth and that I had good parents that allowed me to learn and grow in the Gospel. I am grateful to know of my Savior, Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for me and all man kind. I want more than anything to live in a way that is pleasing to my Father so that by the Grace of Jesus Christ I may return and live with him again.
I am so grateful to live in a time when temples are upon the earth and that I have been blessed with endowments from on high. I hold these blessing sacred and rejoice in the hope that our family can be sealed together forever in the Eternal Kingdom on High.
I know the Lord calls prophets to lead and guide us. How grateful I am for every prophet that has ever been on this earth and served us all. I love the prophets of the Old and New Testaments, I love the Book of Mormon prophets and I love our Latter Day prophets that lead us and guide us now. What would we do without their loving counsel. I love and pray for Pres. Monson everyday, that he will have the health and strength to lead us and do the Lord's work.
The scriptures are my solace. They teach me, guide me, give me hope and comfort me when I struggle. I am so grateful that the Lord speaks to us through the Holy Scriptures. I know they are the word of God to me. How indebted I am to all those who have sacrificed so much, even their very lives to give us this sacred blessing of His Holy Word.
I have a testimony of the work here in Iraq. The Kurdish people are so ready to hear the Gospel and to know the truth about their Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that Jon was given the opportunity to come to this land to work so that he would be an instrument in the Lord's hand in getting The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints recognized by the Kurdistan Regional Government and getting LDS Charities registered as an NGO in this region. It is amazing that Jon is here first of all. Second it is a blessing that he is working for UB Holdings in that they have given him permission to use his time and energy at their expense to do the work necessary for the Church to move forward here. UB Holdings also provided the lawyers and translators needed for the documentation that was required by the government. It took Jon and others four months to get the work done, which is amazing if you know that the Church has been working for 20 years to get recognized in Egypt. The Kurdish people are so ready to receive the Gospel. So many times when we are out we get questions or find out that people know about the Mormon Church and want to talk about it. Some are open to talking about it and others want to talk in private, but they are interested and they want a change. They want freedoms and liberties in their lives and they don't feel that in their own religion. It is hard for them. I don't know how much longer the Lord needs Jon here, but we are happy to serve.
I love my family and miss them so much. My whole world is my children and grandchildren. I have been blessed by all your lives. Each day I live I think about you and it brings me so much happiness. Thank you for all your messages, posts, and pictures. They keep me alive. I am so very excited to have a new addition to our family and I hope she knows that I already love her. I can't wait to be back home to be with you all and to get to know and love my new daughter.
These are the things I know in my heart to be true. I bear testimony that The Father and his Son live and I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ my Savior. Amen.
I would like to bear testimony that I know that I have a Heavenly Father and that my Savior lives. I feel their love and care for me everyday. I have been blessed from a very early age to know and recognize when I hear truth and I have always felt deep in my heart the truthfulness of my Heavenly Father's plan.
I am so grateful to my Father that I have the opportunity to live on this earth and to have my good body. I am so blessed to live in a time of this earth existence when the fullness of the Gospel is on the earth and that I had good parents that allowed me to learn and grow in the Gospel. I am grateful to know of my Savior, Jesus Christ and his atoning sacrifice for me and all man kind. I want more than anything to live in a way that is pleasing to my Father so that by the Grace of Jesus Christ I may return and live with him again.
I am so grateful to live in a time when temples are upon the earth and that I have been blessed with endowments from on high. I hold these blessing sacred and rejoice in the hope that our family can be sealed together forever in the Eternal Kingdom on High.
I know the Lord calls prophets to lead and guide us. How grateful I am for every prophet that has ever been on this earth and served us all. I love the prophets of the Old and New Testaments, I love the Book of Mormon prophets and I love our Latter Day prophets that lead us and guide us now. What would we do without their loving counsel. I love and pray for Pres. Monson everyday, that he will have the health and strength to lead us and do the Lord's work.
The scriptures are my solace. They teach me, guide me, give me hope and comfort me when I struggle. I am so grateful that the Lord speaks to us through the Holy Scriptures. I know they are the word of God to me. How indebted I am to all those who have sacrificed so much, even their very lives to give us this sacred blessing of His Holy Word.
I have a testimony of the work here in Iraq. The Kurdish people are so ready to hear the Gospel and to know the truth about their Savior, Jesus Christ. I know that Jon was given the opportunity to come to this land to work so that he would be an instrument in the Lord's hand in getting The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints recognized by the Kurdistan Regional Government and getting LDS Charities registered as an NGO in this region. It is amazing that Jon is here first of all. Second it is a blessing that he is working for UB Holdings in that they have given him permission to use his time and energy at their expense to do the work necessary for the Church to move forward here. UB Holdings also provided the lawyers and translators needed for the documentation that was required by the government. It took Jon and others four months to get the work done, which is amazing if you know that the Church has been working for 20 years to get recognized in Egypt. The Kurdish people are so ready to receive the Gospel. So many times when we are out we get questions or find out that people know about the Mormon Church and want to talk about it. Some are open to talking about it and others want to talk in private, but they are interested and they want a change. They want freedoms and liberties in their lives and they don't feel that in their own religion. It is hard for them. I don't know how much longer the Lord needs Jon here, but we are happy to serve.
I love my family and miss them so much. My whole world is my children and grandchildren. I have been blessed by all your lives. Each day I live I think about you and it brings me so much happiness. Thank you for all your messages, posts, and pictures. They keep me alive. I am so very excited to have a new addition to our family and I hope she knows that I already love her. I can't wait to be back home to be with you all and to get to know and love my new daughter.
These are the things I know in my heart to be true. I bear testimony that The Father and his Son live and I write these things in the name of Jesus Christ my Savior. Amen.
Thank you for sharing. Amen.
ReplyDeleteThat was so touching, thank you for sharing. I didn't know that UB did so much to help dad with all that paperwork that is so cool.
ReplyDelete