The Big Reveal
Here are some pictures of the painting project I have been absorbed in for the last few weeks. It is still Iraq so you have to look at it with Iraqi eyes to appreciate just what a coat of paint can do.
This is the after of the entry. I forgot to take before pictures. Just imagine the wall with the door bright blue. The wall with the flag dark pink and the third wall was a bright blue green. Hideous at best.
Here are some pictures of the living room colors before the paint. You can see what I was talking about with the colors.
This is the living room and the kitchen after a new coat to paint. The kitchen was four walls of dark mauve pink. The lights are from Ikea. I brought them over in my suit case in little boxes and snapped them together. Jon hung them for me. You can't see the first on in this picture, but there are two lights hanging from the ceiling.
before colors in the bedroom. What you can't see is that each wall was a different color pink.
This is the bedroom now. Much more livable.
It's our Kurdish home and we are trying to make the best of it. I am off to the fruit market on Backtiari Street now. The weather has turned cooler. The high yesterday was 69 degrees and it was the first day that my feet were cold. That is saying something since it is now October 8th.




LOVE the difference and that you brought the lights with you! Hahaha!
ReplyDelete